I promise I won’t write about the latest juice today. I know how annoying those juicing/yoga/exercise people can be whenever they find a new craze. OMG – is that me? I hope to God not.
Today was my last day off, and with boys in daycare, it was heaven.
Can’t say my intention to slow down affected the day much, I’ve been running around like mad – just stopping now to find something on the computer before heading to therapy.
Over the last few days, percolating in the back of my mind, I’ve been working through thoughts on the last year and hopes/intentions/resolutions for the new year. This past year’s success with the Post-it note list has inspired me to take on 2018 in similar style. My love of checking things off a list apparently works for more than the day-to-day, who knew?
So although I’ve been in a bit of slump in the last couple weeks (or maybe BECAUSE I’ve been in a slump), I’m putting pen to paper and making some commitments.
The More/Less list is helpful, as is a list of questions my SIL sent over today.
For now, I’ll share a few of the top intentions.
- mindfulness/control over emotions
- loving myself
- busy-ness/overloading myself
- worrying about what others think
- social media
- online spending
Reflections for the New Year:
- What was one of the moments I was most proud of this year? What does that tell me about what I want to spend my energy/time/money on next year?
- Who really enriched my life this year in a big way? Who is someone I am wanting to get to know better in the year ahead?
- It was a year of resistance for many people. What did I resist most effectively? What did I surrender to?
- Whom did I feel most jealous of this year? What is that person up to that I want to bring more of into my own life?
- When was I most physically joyful in 2017? How can I get there more in 2018?
- What is one question that you found yourself asking over and over again this year? What version of an answer are you living your way into?
- And finally: What makes me despair and what gives me hope right now?
On Being, radio show with Krista Tippett